My Dad would always play this old game called Snowcraft, which is a cute little snowball fight game from a long ass time ago.
The original is fine and fun just the way it is, but I decided it’d be fun to go crazy and develop a similar game, but with much more features/wackiness. I plan on updating it every once in a while. This latest update adds difficulty options! And a start menu… If you have any ideas for the game, let me know.
November 24th, 2017:
- Initial release, gameplay, sounds, music, snowman, robot, slowmo
Built this in a weekend! Graphics are obviously not my strong point, but I tried!
December 7th, 2017:
- Added start menu
- Added difficulty settings
- Made it easier to pick up your units
- Tweaked difficulty for better gameplay
- Added stun effect
- Added level & difficulty counter to top left
December 8th, 2017:
- Added mouse cursor changes and indicators
- Removed funny joke
December 11th, 2017:
- Alien update! He’s got telekinesis powers
- Time rift thingies from the Aliens
- Better volumes (might even tweak it further next time)
What a pain in the ass this one was. I built the prototype alien very quicky and got the time-rift stuff working well, even with the conflicting Slow-mo for final kills, worked that out too.
You’d think manipulating space-time would be the hardest part about the update, right?
Nope, it was the spritesheet for the portal. It kept getting all messed up so I ended up just using the raw .PNG file. Annoying as hell, hopefully I don’t have to do this every time I update the game…
NEW December 13th, 2018:
- Added new enemy, the hacker/commando
- Added some new sounds
- Updated a few graphics
- QOL change: made the enemy zone red when you try to move over there.
I have to make an update at least once a year, right? The hacker is pretty cool.